Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fantastic first day!!

It was our first day of class this morning and the students are enthusiastic and engaged with high levels of English! We are making friends and enjoying getting to know each other. for example Kelsey's scavenger hunt team got up at 5am today to go to the beach to watch the sunrise. That's dedication :)
Karen did a marvelous presentation on career counseling, and helping students identify their strengths, abilities, interests, etc and how that lines up with a potential career direction. She is holding personal counseling sessions with students throughout the week. 

After getting slapped in the face hard with jet lag yesterday, I've (beth) come down with a bad sore throat/ cold :( I woke up unable to talk much but got some better, although in class it got so loud I had to strain my voice. Karen also is having low back pain from tension/lack of sleep. Sara started to get a migraine from all the fragrances this am but got it user control. We need good health and strength to continue on well! Our spirits our high and camp has been loads of fun so far! Tomorrow a crew of South Koreans join us for camp. 

It is again another gorgeous sunny day at the Black Sea with calm waves. But I did notice some pesky jellyfish as I went into the water, yikes! 

Beth